This is a recipe that I have been making for so long that I actually can’t remember from where it originated (sorry!) but I have been making changes and additions over the years so, let’s be honest, it’s pretty much a whole new recipe! Besides that, it’s just too good not to share! Kudos to the original recipe creator though, these cookies have never turned out anything less that delicious!
If you’ve joined us on our New Year New You Challenge (it’s not too late, if you haven’t!) then awesome, well done! You’re on day 7 of becoming the best, healthiest version of yourselves possible! However, whilst we’re all definitely about the healthy habits, it’s important to remember to treat yourself every now and again too!
Enter, these oat cookies!
- 80g Quick Oats
- 20g Flaked Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Apple Sauce
- 1/2 Cup of Almond Butter
- 3/4 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar (or Sugar Alternative)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175c.
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients, stir together well.
- Form small cookies sized dough balls on the baking tray.
- Bake for between 6 to 8 minutes depending on your oven. When they’re slightly golden on top, they’re done!