We all love fries, but this week we’re going to share with you a super tasty slightly healthier alternative created by those culinary wizards over at Breaktheloop .
Enter, courgette fries!
A word from the chef…
“Courgettes are one of our favourite veggies! You can pretty much put them in any dish and they blend right in! The perfect way to sneak veggies into your fussy child / husband / wife ‘s diet, without them even realizing! They’re also a doddle to make!”
You will need;
- Courgettes (I would use at least two or three… trust me this stuff is addictive and you’ll be sad if you only make a small batch!)
- Parmesan (Finely grated)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Turn the oven on to about 175. Line a tray with baking paper, set to one side.
- Grab a bowl and pour in a generous measure of olive oil, your grated parmesan and some salt and pepper. Mix all together.
- Now you can slice up your courgettes, we sometimes slice them into discs or you can do as the picture above and make them into ‘fries’.
- Now, take each one and dunk it in your olive oil mixture, making sure each piece of courgette is fully coated.
- Lay them out onto your baking tray.
- Take any remaining mixtures and spoon onto the top of your courgettes.
- Bake for between 20 and 30 minutes, this will depend on your oven and also how thick / thin you have sliced your courgettes. You want them to brown a slightly and be a little crispy.
Now, try not to eat them all at once, I dare you! Enjoy and if you make them be sure to let us know what you think!