Sprouting Micro Greens
3 Comments
0Loves
Grokker User
?
Enthusiast
July 21, 2014

I have been buying wheatgrass and sunflower spouts for a while now, but I am thinking of growing my own. I've watched a few videos on growing your own, and it looks pretty straight forward and easy to do...

Have you sprouted/grown your own micro greens? If so, what are your tips and recommendations? What type of seeds do you recommend for growing wheatgrass?

0Loves
Leah Putnam
Expert
July 22, 2014

Hi @Susan, I love spouting and have an inside sprouting garden of wheatgrass, sunflower and pea sprouts growing 24/7. I also dabble in chick pea and lentil fairly often too. The wheatgrass, sunflower and peas are grown on trays of soil where as the other sprouts are not. It is a very simple process with the right equipment, consistency and love. I have not been growing the micro greens but I use hard wheatberry seeds for wheatgrass. I juice my wheatgrass daily for an amazing elixer to my wellness. Good luck sprouting.

Upgrade to Grokker Premium to unlock Expert advice.
Grokker User
?
Enthusiast
July 23, 2014

Thank you so much for your response and help! :)
I just started the process of sprouting sunflowers and wheat berries yesterday; hopefully all goes well fingers crossed.

0Loves
Post A Reply
Please sign in to leave a comment.