5.5 cups + .5 cups water
1/3 cup besan/chick pea flour
1 cup drumsticks, cut to 1″ length
2 medium sized carrots, peeled, washed, and cut
2 big florets cauliflower, cut to bite-size
10 green beans, cut to 1/2″ pieces
1 medium potato, cubed
4 or to taste green chillies, slit
3 small eggplants, cubed
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp methi / fenugreek seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp or to taste red chili powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp or to taste Jaggery
2 tbsp or to taste Tamarind
Cilantro for garnish
1. In pressure cooker, combine the Chickpea Flour and the 5.5 cups of Water and remove all lumps. Pressure cook for 1 whistle and allow the pressure to release by itself.
3. In a small saucepan, combine the 1/2 cup Water and the Drumsticks and allow them to come to a boil. Once the Water and the Drumsticks have come to a boil, low heat to a simmer and cook till ready to use.
4. In a big open pan, heat Oil on medium heat and add in the Fenugreek Seeds and allow them to sizzle. Add in Turmeric and Red Chilli Powder and immediately after that all the Vegetables (Potatoes, Green Chilies, Carrots, Cauliflower, Beans & Eggplant)
5. Turn the flame up to a high, mix and coat all the Vegetable with the Oil. Cook for about 3 minutes or till the Vegetables get a slight golden brown and lower the heat to a medium. Add in the Chickpea Flour and Water, add the Drumsticks and the water, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Add in the Salt, Jaggery and Tamarind Paste and mix.
6. Increase heat and allow the Kadhi to reduce and thicken up to a thin custard consistency. Garnish with Cilantro and serve with Rice.