7 cups Water
1 cup Warm Water
Lemon size chunk Tamarind
10 sprigs Cilantro (Coriander Leaves)
handful Fresh Mint
Green Chili to taste
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
3 tbsp Pani Puri Masala
1 tsp Black Salt (Kala Namak)
2 tbsp Lemon or Lime Juice
1. Soak the Tamarind in the warm water for 15-20 min.
2. Mash with fingers and separate the pulp from the fibers and seeds.
3. Blend the cilantro, mint and the green chili with a little bit of water.
4. Add to the Balance of the Water.
5. Strain the Tamarind pulp and add to water.
6. Add in the balance of the ingredients.
7. Mix and adjust the spices if needed.
8. Chill and Serve with Puris, Tamarind Chutney & Potatoes-Kala Chana
Tips: Use a can of Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas) instead of Kala Chana. The Other Option is to use Sprouted Mung Beans (check our video)