2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup whole milk
1 tbsp dry active yeast
1 whole egg
4 tbsp unsalted butter
4 tbsp pumpkin puree
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground nutmeg, clove, mace, allspice, ginger
1 tbsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing:
4 tbsp soft unsalted butter
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp vanilla paste
1-2 tbsp milk or water (to adjust consistency)
1. In a medium sauce pan add 1/4 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1 tbsp dry active yeast, 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, and 4 tbsp of pumpkin puree. Heat the mixture until it reaches 95f or slightly above room temperature, then pour it into a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a electric stand mixer and allow to ferment for 15 minutes.
2. Next, add 1 cup of flour to the same bowl and mix for minutes on low speed, then add the rest of the flour and knead for another 5 minutes until the ingredients form a smooth ball of dough. It should be slightly stick, so flour your hands a little when removing it from the bowl.
3. Coat a large mixing bowl with canola oil or butter, then transfer the dough to the greased bowl, flip it upside down, and cover it with plastic. Allow this to sit for 1 hour in a warm place in your kitchen until it doubles in volume.
4. After the dough has doubled in size, take it out of the bowl and onto a flour working surface. Lightly flour the top and sides of the dough and begin rolling it out to about the thickness of your index finger.
5. Mix 1 tsp of ground nutmeg, clove, mace, allspice, ginger, 1 tbsp of cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar in a small mixing bowl. Brush the top of the dough with melted butter, then generously coat the buttered dough with the spiced sugar mixture. Roll the dough up at tight as possible and pinch the end seam together so they don’t come apart during baking.
6. Coat your baking dish with butter and begin cutting the roll in 2 inch segments. Place the rolls in the buttered baking dish and bake in a 375f oven for 20 minutes.
7. In medium mixing bowl add 4 tbsp soft butter, 1/3 cup of whipped cream cheese, 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tbsp vanilla paste, and 1-2 tbsp of whole milk. Mix until silky smooth and reserve until ready to use.
8. Once the rolls are a deep golden brown, pull them out of the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Once they slightly cooled down generously top the rolls with the cream cheese frosting and ENJOY!!