Ingredients: (For approx 40 puris)
Fine Sooji – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder – 1/8 tsp
Warm Water – 1/4 cup
All-Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1 Tbsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Oil – for deep frying
1. In a shallow mixing bowl, add Sooji, Salt and Baking Powder. Mix well.
2. Add warm water and soak the sooji.
3. Sprinkle All-Purpose Flour and knead the sooji for 3-4 minutes until smooth and firm.
4. Drizzle 1 tsp Oil and knead again for 3-4 minutes.
5. Wrap dough in a plastic wrap and let it rest for 20 minutes. With 5 minutes left, start to heat oil for deep frying.
6. Divide dough in small bits and roll out each puri or roll a big round and use a cookie cutter or other cutting device to cut round puris. Oiling rolling surface will make rolling easier.
7. Deep fry puris until light golden brown and crisp and remove them onto a paper towel lined baking sheet.
8. Once all puris are fried, remove the paper towel and place baking tray into a preheated (200 degrees F) oven for 25-30 minutes or until all the moisture from the puris is gone.
9. Bring to room temp before storing in an airtight container.