Lose Fat & Sculpt Yourself with Me, Ellysia Noble!
121 Comments
8Loves
BobbieandGeorge Mills
Enthusiast
December 30, 2014

Ok so this week I went to the gym and did cardio on monday for an hour today I did upper body of week three and hitt. Wednesday I will do lower body and then on thursday and friday I will be enjoying some downhill skiiing with my family for two days

2Loves
Bob Wenzlau
Enthusiast
January 13, 2015

Ellysia,

This may have been asked, but here goes.

We keep struggling to find the "right weight". My wife Julie and I are actually doing the sets together which adds to the challenge of grabbing the right weight. We thought of going to the gym to cherry pick the right weights, but then I thought these would vary as strength increases.

I was beginning to think that perhaps we need a set of weights, and that was where I thought you might offer some input. I am broadly curious as the the relevance of the kettle bells versus the dumb bell style. Ah the choices we get to make when we strive to be fit!

Thanks for helping me get more fit.

Bob & Julie

2Loves
Ellysia Noble
Expert
January 27, 2015

Hi Bob Wenzlau!! Firstly thank you for choosing my program to take part in. I love the fact you are doing it with your wife! This is amazing!!!! The accountability and motivation will help keep the training consistent for sure ensuring you see results by the end of it!

How to choose a weight... A very good question. The best measure to be honest is trial and error when it comes down to the right weight you should use for the exercises. Firstly you and your wife will probably be different strengths so keep that in mind. Also when it comes to upper body and lower body, you will most probably be stronger in one body part than another body part, so definitely pick a good variation of weights to choose from. I don't know what your budget is, but to ensure a challenging workout , from experience, I suggest to you have Dumbell pairs ranging from 5lbs up to 30lbs. That way you can use them individually for single limb exercises but you can also double up totalling 60lbs eventually by holding two 30lbs for example.

When I mentioned trial and error at the start of this message, what I meant was now you have your selection of weights to choose from, When you execute the exercises, gage how you feel from a scale of 1-10. If you found the intensity was around a 4/5/6 then firstly make sure your technique was on point, and if it was (you could check for each other perhaps) then up the resistance a little to get you to a 8 /10 or 9/10. You should feel the muscles burning and your heart rate rising. Rally try and get out of your comfort zone , but keep it safe, and ensure you speak to a doctor before you exercise if any underlying health conditions.

As for the type of weight you should use, there isn't a right or wrong. Kettlebells are fantastic! We use them in the Bootcamp gym we run! You can use kettlebells for most exercises in my program , the difference is just how the weight is distributed though the equipment and how gravity hits the object. There are exercise you can use kettlebells with , or there are specific kettlebells exercises which is a whole other subject :-)

You and Julie will 100% make it! Keep going and do not hesitate to ask me any more questions! I can't wait to hear the outcome!

Please follow me on Facebook if you use social media, I'm always posting tips and ideas for training: Noble Personal Training g

Best,

Ellysia

Upgrade to Grokker Premium to unlock Expert advice.
Kim K.
Enthusiast
February 18, 2015

Half way through Week 2. Love Ellysia's enthusiasm! I'm finding the workouts fun yet challenging. Can't wait to see what's coming up in Weeks 3-6!!

1Love
Basia St Clair
Enthusiast
February 20, 2015

Third time through and completing week 3!!! Constantly amazed at how much I've improved over time. Intially I thought weeks one and two were too basic but I'm finding that repeating these weeks allows me to re evaluate my form.

Even with a break over the end of year holidays I'm finding myself much stronger. In addition, I'm performing the exercises with more control. I truly believe that building my core muscles through these videos is impacting every other exercise I'm doing.

I'm adding in other series along with this one to keep variety, but this is definitely my go to series.

Still Love it Ellysia!!!

1Love
Ellysia Noble
Expert
February 24, 2015

Hey Basia St Clair!!! I'm so glad you are getting into the series so much! You are completely right! It's all very basic stuff but the more you master it and practice the more the muscles will learn to react deeper. THATS how you see a result. I'm doing a Grokker member case study section on my website so if you feel you've seen a significant change in your body and have photos then you may submit them to me to publish. Along with a statement . I would love for people like you to be that role model to encourage more people to exercise at home as you have done so well. You can email ellysia.noble@gmail.com . Keep up the great work and thank you again for the feedback and your support :-)

Ellysia Noble
Expert
February 24, 2015

Hi Kim K.! Yay you're still with it! Consistency is definitely the key so keep at it! Thank you for the support and enjoy the next session!!! :-)

Ana Lucia Barguil
Enthusiast
February 28, 2016

Hi Ellysia, this link is not working:
https://grokker.com/showcase/lose-fat-sculpt-yourself

Thanks!

1Love
Britteny Salvador
March 1, 2016

Hi Ana Lucia Barguil! We've recently updated our links so try this one instead! http://bit.ly/1QJ9t5R

1Love
Alex Turcot
Enthusiast
October 5, 2016

Hey everyone, I just jumped back in to my firness routines, a tooth extraction then my bottom wisdom teeth being taken out, one impacted, as side-lined me for a month straight! I have been depressed and not working, where I usually clock at least 8000 steps a night, but still taking care of the children and going to class and sittting for two hours, five days a week. (Just trying to give you insight to my routine since the surgeries). I am so happy to be able to start back into a fitness routine but not sure where to start? You seem like you have helped so many and would appreciate some advice or suggestions, Thanks!

1Love
Ellysia Noble
Expert
October 13, 2016

Hiya! I hope you got it working OK in the end! :)

Ellysia Noble
Expert
October 13, 2016

Hello Alex Turcot! Thank you so much for getting in touch. I would love to help you on your way. I think the first step is coming to terms with the fact that sometimes life really does get in the way of achieving particular goals expecially when it comes to health and fitness, and just know that it is OK. If you get prepared for this in advance then when things crop up you wont be so hard on yourself :) You shouldn't be hard on yourslef at all. As long as you just dust yourself off and move forward then all will be fine.

First of all find something you enjoy doing. We will stick to what we enjoy. The great thing is that Grokker has soooooooo many different types and levels of workouts and instructors that you are bound find workouts you enjoy and instructors that you love so you will look forward to every time you login to do a workout.

Once you foind the workuts that you like, allocate specific time in your planner to actually do these workouts. Starts with 2-3 times per week as that is enough to start seeing some change but not over committing due to you busy life full of other commitments. More often than not if we over commit then happen to miss a worout we can be really hard on ourselves and then it could deter you for wanting to continue so just keep the freqency realistic. I would then focus on activities on top of that like your step counter, parking a little further away from work so you can walk a bit or getting off the bus one step sooner so you can walk a bit more etc. Go on bike rides, go swimming etc as this is sociable, fun and keeps the idea of activity being healthy running through the family.

My prgram I have on here is great becuase from the feedback I have gotten, my teaching points are very descriptive so it really gives the viewers confidence that they have the right technique therefore it is safe. This then guarantees better results long term as the muscles are actviating as they should be. Nice and precise. I offer regressions and progressions so you can pick teh easier version or the harder version and then there is room to work your way up the more you practice.

Pick a day, sign into a workout and just get started. I really look forward to hearing about your progress. Please keep me updated wont you :) You can also follow me on my Facebook 'Ellysia Noble Lifestyle' so feel free to contact me on here or there if you have more questions.

All the best and good luck. You can do it!!! Ellysia

Post by Alex Turcot:

Hey everyone, I just jumped back in to my firness routines, a tooth extraction then my bottom wisdom teeth being taken out, one impacted, as side-lined me for a month straight! I have been depressed and not working, where I usually clock at least 8000 steps a night, but still taking care of the children and going to class and sittting for two hours, five days a week. (Just trying to give you insight to my routine since the surgeries). I am so happy to be able to start back into a fitness routine but not sure where to start? You seem like you have helped so many and would appreciate some advice or suggestions, Thanks!

Kelly A
KA
Enthusiast
May 29, 2017

Not sure if your still responding to these Ellysia. Just starting your program and have some nutrition questions if I may. :)

1Love
Ellysia Noble
Expert
June 19, 2017

Hi Kelly, Great news on the start of your program, How may I help ? :)

Michelle Parone
Enthusiast
June 29, 2017

What do you suggest doing on the days off the workout plan? :)

1Love
Mariela Alfonzo
Enthusiast

Hi! Do you need any equipment to do the program? If so, what kind(s)? Thanks!!

1Love
Ellysia Noble
Expert

Post by Michelle Parone:

What do you suggest doing on the days off the workout plan? :)

HI Michelle Parone, the program is a 5-6 day regime so I would suggest to use the other 1 or 2 days off as recovery days. Either some yoga, or a walk or a swim for example. Something more leisurely. The more effective your recovery, the better your workouts will be. Thanks so much,

Ellysia :)

Ellysia Noble
Expert

Post by Mariela Alfonzo:

Hi! Do you need any equipment to do the program? If so, what kind(s)? Thanks!!

Hi Mariela Alfonzo, you will need an exercise step, dumbells ranging from 5lbs-25lbs depending on your strength, a mat, some bands, a swiss ball, a medicine ball. Good luck with the program and Have fun :)

Ellysia
Instagram: @Ellysia.noble

Nakita Hampton
Enthusiast

Hey Ellysia,

I am thinking about starting the program. 1. I wanted to know what equipment would be needed? 2. Is this great program for losing belly fat? I had my daughter two years ago and unable to lose it. I weigh 142 and 5'2. I also wanted to know what type of diet i can be on in order to help with toning and losing the belly fat.

0Loves
Samanta Fernandez
Enthusiast

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there's a list of all the elements needed to do this program. I'd really like to be ready to start and don't have excuses not to :P

0Loves
Post A Reply
Please sign in to leave a comment.