How does one cancel or unactivate their account?
8 Comments
, Level 3
Enthusiast
December 23, 2019

I want to cancel my whole account. Not just the subscription; all associated information including name, email address. How is this done. It seems inappropriate (and illegal) that a person must sign in to unsubscribe from emails. And it seems weirder still that there is no clear option for removing my profile from grokker's database.

Debbie Coldiron, Level 96
November 12, 2018

Hi Steve Sadler Jr. I just looked at your account, and it is in the status of "Subscribed Free". Since you started with Grokker in 2014, before we were a subscription service, we granted free access to users like yourself. Since you're not being billed, you don't need to cancel your account. However, if you don't want to receive emails, you may choose to unsubscribe from them by going into "Account Settings" and unchecking all the boxes for emails. If you need any further assistance, you may email us at support@grokker.com.

Steve Sadler Jr., Level 5
Enthusiast
November 11, 2018

Hello. I just want to cancel my subscription. But I don't see the cancel sign from the left side. Can you help?

Debbie Coldiron, Level 96
May 3, 2018

Hi ana ventura. To cancel your account, log into grokker.com and go into "Account Settings". On the left side of the screen, there will be an option to cancel your membership. Please select that and navigate through the cancellation screens. However, if you see a message that your account is managed by iTunes, you will need to cancel through Apple.

To do that,
1. Access Settings in the home of your device
2. Scroll down and tap iTunes Store and AppStore;
3. Tap your e-mail and Apple ID, View Apple ID and enter your password;
4. Tap Subscription - Manage and select Grokker;
5. Turn off the auto-renewal option and tap Done.

If you need assistance with Apple, Reach out to Apple Customer Support and ask to speak to an Apple Advisor. (Have your Apple ID on hand.) You can reach them here: 1-800-275-2273.

If this stil doesn't answer you question, please feel free to email us at support@grokker.com.

ana ventura, Level 3
Enthusiast
April 27, 2018

I still dont know how to unsuscribe That is not ethical

Christina Wynn, Level 3
Enthusiast
October 18, 2017

I have been trying to cancel but no response back from customer service. I regret ever signing up for a free trial. If I cant get a hold of someone soon I will report this to BBB.

Vicki P, Level 9
Enthusiast
September 27, 2017

I have not been using Grokker, so I don't want to be automatically billed for another year.

Britteny Salvador, Level 46
Enthusiast
May 23, 2017

Regina Lindsey we're so sorry that you had a less than stella experience with customer support. If you ever need assistance in the future you can email me directly at bsalvador@grokker.com ❤️

Post A Reply

Please sign in to leave a comment.