Roku
15 Comments
Jeanne K, Level 117
Enthusiast
October 23, 2018

Hi, your team has been very helpful to me in the past. I seem to have all the roku issues. :) I have fiber internet now so Grokker normally streams perfectly. Just recently however it has started to pause and show "loading" in the middle of videos every 10 minutes or so. Any ideas what could have caused this and what I should do? I don't see it on other apps like netflix but then again don't watch tv much so maybe I'm just not seeing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeanne

Stephanie Hoffpauir, Level 9
Enthusiast
February 3, 2017

I loaded the ROKU app today and it looks very nice.

Chelsea Salvador, Level 13
Enthusiast
July 11, 2016

Lisa Tillman Hi Lisa! It's possible your app may need to be updated. To check for this, go to your settings, then select system, and then select system update which will check if the app is in need of update and will do so for you. If you still run into issues please contact us at support@grokker.com so we can further assist you.

Lisa Tillman, Level 86
Enthusiast
July 9, 2016

Hi Chelsea-
The sequence is- Grokker emblem comes up on screen. It no longer shifts into the screen with my personal preferences/record of videos done. I hit browse and it will shift into entire catalog. If I then search for a specific topiceg- "barre" ,screen will bring up all relevant videos. If I choose one,screen will say "retrieving "- after a number of seconds ,the app collapses and screen go back to a blank with just ROKU home shot. I then have to reboot the entire system because everything freezes. This problem appeared one week ago and always follows same sequence. The program worked perfectly prior to that time. I have a Roku 2 . . All other apps(Netflix etc.) continue to stream perfectly.

Enthusiast
July 8, 2016

Lisa Tillman I'm happy to be of some help. Would you mind providing us with a bit more information about the issues you've been experiencing? You're welcome to contact us at support@grokker.com as well.

Lisa Tillman, Level 86
Enthusiast
July 8, 2016

Hi- I am not Jeanne but am having the exact issue with my Roku 2 . All of the other channels (Netflix ,Amazon,PBS etc.)
work perfectly . .. Can easily load on my iPhone but the tiny screen is a distraction. Any solutions ?

Enthusiast
July 6, 2016

Jeanne K Hi Jeanne!

I'm happy to be of some help!

I have a few questions so we can start sorting this issue. When did these issues with Grokker start to occur? What generation is the Roku device?

If you could kindly send us a photo of your System info page, this would really help to gauge the source of the issue. To get to this page on your device, go to your home page and select settings, then system, then lastly select about. If you could also let us know the version and build number, this would be really helpful.

Please let me know if you have any difficulties getting this information. Feel free to email us at support@grokker.com!

Jeanne K, Level 16
Enthusiast
July 3, 2016

Hi Britteny,

Love the new roku app, looks great. The problem is that since it switched over I can only use it part of the time, getting plenty of days when it cannot seem to load anything--just the little circle goes around forever. I checked my internet speed and it was fine, should not be a problem and seems to be since the new app was released. Any ideas?

Jeanne K, Level 16
Enthusiast
May 3, 2016

Great, thanks for the quick reply. Look forward to the new app!

Britteny Salvador, Level 46
Enthusiast

Jeanne K Thanks so much for your feedback! We're currently working on a brand new, revamped version of the Roku app, which is soon to come! The issues you're running into are likely due to the fact that we have restrictions based on what videos we can host on our current Roku app. Anything that was produced internationally isn't allowed in our current app, which is why you aren't able to find Julie Mondagu's video. This will all change soon with the new app update so we'll keep you posted!

Jeanne K, Level 16
Enthusiast
May 2, 2016

Hello-- I love your service and use it on Roku, which is great. But some of the features don't seem to work reliably and wondering if there is a fix. For example, when I am online I mark something as a favorite, then I go into roku and maybe 1 out of 5 times its there, usually its not. Does something need to occur to get those to synch? Then second, the search on roku doesn't seem to work, or videos aren't indexed well. Today I was searching for "head to toe flow" and I ended up typing in the whole thing and it didn't find the video of that name. Third, the "recent" and "top rated" don't seem to find anything,I get a connection error but the connection is fine because I can stream no problem. I know that some roku stuff is out of your control, but any way to control these things? Otherwise the service is fantastic, great teachers and classes.

Martin Wood, Level 11
Enthusiast
October 3, 2015

Christina Hernandez Laetitia oksaw Good news.. Grokker is currently ironing out the kinks in both the Roku and AppleTV apps! I am also waiting for this release as well. Stay tuned.

Lauren Kasner, Level 31
Enthusiast
September 8, 2014

Hi Christina Hernandez and Laetitia oksaw - thanks for reaching out to us! Streaming Grokker with Roku is not currently an option, however, there are a few ways to get Grokker onto your big screen. The easiest, by far, would be with a simply HDMI cable which can be purchased for around $10 at every major electronics retailer. This essentially just projects everything from your computer onto your TV. Take a look at our blog post for more information on watching videos on your TV! https://grokker.com/blog/guide-to-grokker/3-ways-get-grokker-videos-television/

Laetitia oksaw, Level 4
Enthusiast
September 8, 2014

me too :)

Christina Hernandez, Level 8
Enthusiast
August 30, 2014

Does anyone know if there are any plans in the works to bring Grokker to Roku, I would love to be able to log-in from my TV :)

Post A Reply

Please sign in to leave a comment.