Welcome to the Mind Forum!
9 Comments
JAMES HARWOOD, Level 10
Enthusiast
October 10, 2022

For anyone interested there is a very good book on meditation called "10% Happier" by Dan Harris. Some of you may know him as the coanchor of Nightline and the weekend editions of Good Morning America. He regularly reported for 20/20, World News with Diane Sawyer, and the weekday editions of Good Morning America. This is his first book.
I really enjoyed his book. I had started meditating before reading this book. However afterward really started looking in to multiple types of meditation that he introduced me to in his book.

Marlo Oostmeyer, Level 6
Enthusiast
November 5, 2021

Ingrid, Lee Holden's Qigong videos are wonderful. You can find them on youtube. He is very experienced and very good at teaching the practice.

Lara Wheeler, Level 3
Enthusiast
October 6, 2020

Does Grokker still have the live daily mindfulness sessions? I can't find them anymore.

Margo McKay-Antypowiçh, Level 4
Enthusiast

Hi I am wondering if there are any guided meditation modules?

Shayla Randall, Level 20
Enthusiast
March 31, 2020

This is such a valuable and much needed component of health. I'm loving this site and mindfulness resouce.

Shawn Dugger, Level 9
Enthusiast
January 7, 2020

So proud of you stepping out on faith to tackle this topic. 👍🏽

Paulita Hayes, Level 10
Enthusiast
July 31, 2017

I am a practicing christian and a yoga lover. I wanted to preface that, because everyday I have to seek out my best self to give to God. Many people have the misconception that christians shouldn't do yoga. I may not come from a Hindi or Asian spiritual thought process, but anyone who understands christianity knows we believe we are soul beings. I have practiced yoga for almost thrity years. I have a large group of christian friends that are devoted to doing yoga. I know doing yoga has brought me a calm focus in prayer, it keeps my core strong, my posture in check, my muscles pliable, and my healing at times of injury has been more successful. I developed clinical anxiety with my third stage Hashimoto's Thyroiditis about eight years ago. The various yoga breathing and focus on the moment have helped me through some serious attacks. And, they have prevented me from going into full blown attacks when I know the triggers have been set. I would encourage anyone with uneducated ideas about yoga fitness to give it a try. Most yoga instructors are not pushy about the religious aspects of yoga. Hope this helps someone, who may be misinformed.

Ingrid Firmhofer, Level 53
Enthusiast
March 22, 2017

Hello Leslie, I find this new section great, because this is exactly what I need more of. I love Yoga, but I add more and more mindfulness yoga, like Yin Yoga, etc. on my list. There are some wonderful Yoga-Qi Gong mix videos, which I love. I would be curious about pure Qi Gong videos as well. Thanks for being part of grokker and developing it nicer and nicer!

Leslie Vale, Level 43
March 22, 2017

This is a space for for general conversations and discussions about anything related to your mind - meditation, mindfulness, mental health, the list goes on! You can also share your feedback about what you like and what you would like to see on Grokker in the future. Feel free to respond here with comments and suggestions, start your own conversation by clicking on the "Start New Thread" button, and check back soon for new posts. Looking forward to talking all things Mind related!Leslie

Upgrade to Grokker Premium to unlock Expert advice.

Post A Reply

Please sign in to leave a comment.