Do you want to do career in Yoga ?
5 Comments
Sweet Demise, Level 73
Enthusiast
October 27, 2015

Siri,

Thank you for responding to my query! I will certainly check out the training offered by Samantha Brown.

Sincerely,
Amy

Sweet Demise, Level 73
Enthusiast
October 27, 2015

Hello Morgan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to resond to my question! I agree that Grokker is a great resource for individuals wanting to practice yoga. It caters to all levels - beginners, intermediate, and advance. It has a wealth of information, and I am very pleased to have come across this site. I plan to subscribe soon, so that I can get unlimited access to the videos. I shall also check out the other resources you have listed above. Thank you again for that!

At some point however, I will have to enroll in a yoga school/studio to get certified. I am seriously considering the 20-30 day yoga training program offered by some schools/ashrams in India. Do you have any suggestions for good yoga schools/retreats in India?

Sincerely,
Amy

Siri Peterson Cavanna, Level 12
Expert
October 22, 2015

Hi Amy! @Samantha Brown who is also on this site is starting to publish some great webinars! Check her site out! And if you can ever travel for a training, do that. I know that @Ashleigh Sergeant in particular is doing her TT in intensive modules (as opposed to mine which are one weekend a month.)

Good luck!

Upgrade to Grokker Premium to unlock Expert advice.
Morgan Barry Levay, Level 20
Expert
October 20, 2015

Sweet Demise Namaste & thanks for the inquiry.

There are so many rich offerings in this video community, the learning potential for a yoga enthusiast on Grokker is endless. That said, there's really nothing that can replace an in - person training, and many of our Grokker experts actually offer TT certification programs around the globe. In terms of suggestions, are you looking to travel anywhere in particular, or advance your practice in a specific way? Here's a list of teachers that can provide a good certification resource for you: Cindy Walker , Matece Skow , Ashleigh Sergeant , Siri Peterson Cavanna , davidji meditation , Sofiah Thom , Dana Damara . We also offer in -depth training modules (for fun, or career!) at Wanderlust.

One of the primary benefits of online yoga with Grokker is how concentrated the class curriculum can be, especially when you're still exploring what types of yoga interest you most. Search up any of your yoga interest areas, and we have a class that will dive into core concepts with sophisticated expertise. Let us know if you have more questions!

Are there any other community recs for certification courses? Namaste all.

Upgrade to Grokker Premium to unlock Expert advice.
Sweet Demise, Level 73
Enthusiast
October 2, 2015

Yes! Have been interested in doing so for a long time now. However, we do not have any proper yoga certification courses available in the nearby area. And this isn't something one can achieve via online classes. Do you have any suggestions? Perhaps books, videos, or other resources that I could use to educate myself and reap the benefits of yoga?

Post A Reply

Please sign in to leave a comment.