Wrist-friendly practices?
10 Comments
Kathleen Munn, Level 13
Enthusiast
August 21, 2020

Thank you, snappy music and fun video. Im sharing it with hubby, an old drummer with cranky wrists:)

Jayne Bonko, Level 13
Enthusiast
April 22, 2020

this was great Thanks!

Brody McCarter, Level 1
Enthusiast
April 16, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR3uqanXXxg - some self massage to help wrist pain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bktdVvuLcl8 - and a decent video on how to prevent injury to your wrist during yoga. Hope this helps you and anyone else who comes across this forum! Namaste!

Martin Wood, Level 11
Enthusiast
March 30, 2020

The above recommendations are great and wrist exercises also come into mind:

Afternoon Hand and Wrist Stretch
Workplace Wellness: Ease Neck, Shoulder, and Wrist Pain

Guillermo Romero, Level 17
Enthusiast
August 8, 2019

The Yin Yoga series from Kristina Reindhart are pretty good as well. Not much weight on the wrists and it's more about holding long poses. I've found them really helpful.

Jeanne K, Level 117
Enthusiast
May 10, 2018

Just in case anyone else is looking, found another one that is great for this...Shake and Flow. Not to be confused with Shake and Bake. :)

Jeanne K, Level 117
Enthusiast
May 5, 2018

Excellent, thanks Kirsi! That's exactly what I was looking for. I will check out your collection.

Kirsi Sjöman, Level 94
Enthusiast
May 5, 2018

Hi Jeanne K! Check out my collection No Down Dog in my profile. It's hard to find videos like that, since almost every sequence includes down dogs.

Jeanne K, Level 117
Enthusiast
May 5, 2018

I've researched this more and wanted to write it down here in case it helps anyone else. I found a really good flow, Vinyasa for the Shoulders, that uses dolphin and puppy pose instead of downdog. There were a couple downdogs and others on writsts, not many, but I just did those on fists or did something else and it was still a great flow.

Jeanne K, Level 117
Enthusiast
April 29, 2018

Hello, I practice regularly and also work at a computer quite a bit. My wrists hurt periodically. I have tried some of the wrist therapeutic classes which are helpful, but in the meantime was wondering if there are any videos (ideally yoga, but others are okay too) that are more standing postures and less pressure on wrists? That would be really helpful. Thanks!

Post A Reply

Please sign in to leave a comment.