To use most features of the Services, you must create an account with Grokker. You can create an account either directly or through a Single Sign On (SSO) service provided by one of our partners or your employer. When you create an account with Grokker, you or the SSO service provide us your name and email address. If you are creating your own account, youll also need to provide a password.
If you have Grokker through your employer, they may also provide us with the following additional data:
- Your phone and physical address
- Your demographic and location information
When you use the Grokker Services, we collect information about the actions you take, including loving and collecting videos, entering comments or annotations, following topics or users, or marking "I Did This" when you complete a video. All of the actions you take on Grokker are public, and may be visible to other Grokker users. In addition, you may choose to publish information about your actions on Grokker on third party services such as social media accounts.
Like almost all web and mobile products, we automatically collect a variety of information when you use the Grokker Services:
- Log Data. Our servers automatically record information about your interaction with our products (log data), including information that your browser or your mobile app sends. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your location, the address of the web page you were visiting before you came to Grokker, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and actions you take on Grokker.
- Web beacon A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also use pixel tags in our emails to customers to track effectiveness, response rates, and similar information about when our emails are read or forwarded.
- Device Information We may collect information about the device youre using Grokker on, including what type of device it is, what operating system youre using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data.
- Analytics We may also use third party applications and services, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyze information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. We use this information to analyze and improve the Grokker Services. This information includes general usage information, and may include information such as the number and frequency of our visitors, which pages or features they have visited, which links they have clicked on, and the length of those visits.
We may ask you health-related questions in order to recommend videos, programs, and other content to you, and to help you track your progress.
In addition, with your permission, our iPhone application uses the Apple HealthKit framework to gather data on your body and health stats, which may include, but are not limited to: your biological sex, gender, height, and weight to help us recommend and provide better content to you.
Apple may choose to gather this data from other applications, your data input on iOS, and your wearables. For this or related information, please refer to www.apple.com.
You may be able to link certain third party accounts ("Third Party Accounts") to your Grokker account. To link your Third Party Account to Grokker, you must grant Grokker permission to send information to that service, according to that sites permission page (where you consent to link your Third Party Account) and your privacy settings for that Third Party Account. When you do this, we will receive information from the Third Party Account in accordance with your permissions.
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To provide technical support and troubleshoot technical issues with our Services.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, content suggestions, targeted advertising, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Service.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Services and respond to user desires and preferences, develop new features and products, and for other research and analytical purposes.
We use health-related data to make calculations about your workouts such as the number of calories burned and to make recommendations for suggested workouts and programs. We will not use health-related data for advertising purposes.
The Grokker community is built on openness and sharing. Therefore your Grokker profile and actions that you take on Grokker are public, and visible to other Grokker users. If you link your Grokker account with external apps like Fitbit and Garmin, your activities reported from these devices may be published as an "I Did This" and visible to other Grokker users. If you choose to link your Grokker account with Third Party Services (such as Facebook), we will share information with that service in accordance with your permissions.
If you have Grokker through your employer, we share aggregate data about your use of the Services including, but not limited to average time spent, video views, and program sign ups to help them understand their usage of Grokker.
We may share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others in order to secure agreements or demonstrate the health of the business.
We may share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Grokker; or to detect, prevent, defend against or otherwise address abuse, fraud, security or legal issues.
You can access and update most of your personal information through your Grokker profile. You may also request access, updating and correction in your personal information by contacting us. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a password) to verify your identity before granting you access or allowing you to make any corrections or updates.
If you have linked your Grokker account to a Third Party Services account, you can control the information that Grokker may access, and the ability of Grokker to publish on your behalf with settings from that Third Party Service. You can also choose to unlink your account. To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the Third Party Service provider.
We may send you marketing emails. To unsubscribe from marketing emails, simply follow the opt out instructions in any such email, or email us at email@example.com to be placed on our opt out list.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Grokker is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
We have implemented security precautions to protect the personal information we collect. However, no data transmission or storage is 100% effective.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Grokker does not allow use of our Services by anyone younger than 13 years old or, in the EEA, 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 13 (or, in the EEA, 16) has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g. processing payments for and providing the services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We have your consent to do so. For example, we may seek your consent to send you marketing communications.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or, in some cases, transferred to another company. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict certain processing, or to withdraw your consent if you previously consented to our processing of your personal data. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you can follow the instructions provided under "Access, Deletion, and Controls" above or you may contact us as indicated below.
550 S Winchester Blvd #500, San Jose, CA 95128
Phone: (408) 236-7582