Qigong and Taichi
7 Comments
Debbie Coldiron, Level 96
June 7, 2018

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback and information, Robert McKenna. I will pass it all along to our content team. I appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Robert McKenna, Level 10
Enthusiast
June 7, 2018

Thank you Debbie. I have asked one taichi/qigong teacher to check out Grokker and sent a link to that form. Her name is Piper Philbrook of Portland Oregon. She has great experience and is very thorough in guiding the movements. Another that comes to mind is Shuping Zhao of Tucson Arizona. I don't have a link for her site but have taken many classes of hers and she also is very very good. But if you want to expand your collection with established teachers who already have videos there are many great teachers out there on Youtube already with good video-making experience, Lee Holden and Mimi Kuo Deemer to name two.

May 29, 2018

Hi Robert McKenna. Grokker typically receives requests from instructors asking about becoming a Grokker Expert. We then have them complete a form with their interests and experience: https://grokker.wufoo.com/forms/p1ge599a008pc4l/. If there is a match with our needs and their expertise, we are then in contact with them. On other occasions, if we are looking for a particular niche, we may reach out to experts based on our own search criteria.

In this case, it sounds like you have instructors you would like to recommend. You are welcome to pass along their names to me, and I will forward them to our content team. When we are ready to expand our videos in the areas of qigong and tai chi, we can see if these experts meet our needs.

Robert McKenna, Level 10
Enthusiast
May 26, 2018

Debbie, is it possible to continue this discussion by recommending teachers? How does Grokker go about finding and formatting the teachers who are doing the instructional videos?

Robert McKenna, Level 10
Enthusiast
May 22, 2018

Thank you Debbie. I appreciate your getting back to me. I hope you can expand your library to qigong and tai chi routines. There are many excellent teachers out there.

May 17, 2018

Hi Robert McKenna. Thank you for your feedback. I have passed this along to our production team at Grokker. We would love to expand our library in qigong and tai chi, and we will definitely take your suggestions into consideration. Currently, we have a variety of other programs we are working on: reducing sugar intake, a walking program, and another on ergonomics. I can't promise you any timeframe of when we would release any new qigong or tai chi videos, but if I hear anything, I will be sure to pass it along to you.

Robert McKenna, Level 10
Enthusiast
May 15, 2018

I hope that Grokker will strive to get additional qigong videos and taichi. There are nice ones from Cain Campbell but I would like to see other perspectives using this modality of fitness. I'm doing a year subscription but hopefully will see an expansion of video choices in qigong/taichi so it is represented by multiple teachers the way yogi is represented. If this doesn't happen I will not continue. I'm not sure who to pass on this message where it would be considered by anyone who makes decisions.

Post A Reply

Please sign in to leave a comment.