What has been your path to wellness? When did you become interested in wellness? How have you managed to keep focused on wellness?
6 Comments
Deborah Holstein, Level 14
Enthusiast
August 27, 2014

Hi Laura -- you can find lots of great yoga videos to strengthen your core here: https://grokker.com/search/videos?topicid=4fcd354b46ec474e2e000002&q=core&filters=premium%3D1

This search page allows you to filter all the videos so you can discover ones that work best for you. Also check out the Q&A Cafe (link from the top of the page or your home page) -- it's a great place to ask for recommendations

Laura Mc Donald, Level 2
Enthusiast
August 26, 2014

It was on Foxnews.com - here is the article link:http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/08/15/4-new-online-fitness-platforms-to-amp-up-your-at-home-workout/

I would love video recommendations! I've been perusing the yoga videos for warm-ups, stretching and beginning but would also like gentle core strengthening videos if there are any.

Lauren Kasner, Level 31
Enthusiast
August 25, 2014

Laura Mc Donald wow, thank you for sharing, and welcome to the Grokker community! We're so excited that you've joined! What news site did you see us on? Let us know if you need any video recommendations!

Laura Mc Donald, Level 2
Enthusiast
August 23, 2014

I am a survivor of a pulmonary embolism and severe pneumonia that decided to "enrich my life" with having CHF (congestive heart failure) on an otherwise very heathly heart - this led me to be severely anemic but fortunately, all is better now. I am finally at the point where I can start doing low impact strength and endurance workouts (I was an active swimmer, weight lifter and into dancing) and with having a parent with cancer, and my getting older in general, enough is enough and I want to get into better shape. I am plus size (always have been but have never really let that stop me). Saw this site listed on a national news article the other day and thought I should go for it.

So here I am :)

Lauren Kasner, Level 31
Enthusiast
August 22, 2014

Deborah Holstein I think that's such a wonderful (and selfless) reason to stay healthy and well! Personally, seeing members of my family suffer from physical and mental ailments such as diabetes, cancer and alzheimer's has really motivated me to continue on a journey to wellness, and do the best I can to stay healthy physically, mentally and emotionally.

Deborah Holstein, Level 14
Enthusiast
August 22, 2014

I've definitely become more focused on my wellness journey over the recent years. Having a son and thinking of staying healthy and strong for as many years as possible to see him grow is certainly good motivation! I don't take my health for granted and I know my daily habits will have a lifelong impact.

Post A Reply

Please sign in to leave a comment.