What stresses you out? How do you manage your stress?
3 Comments
Deborah Holstein, Level 14
Enthusiast
August 27, 2014

Laura - the hula hoop sounds like a fantastic idea!! Anything to get you moving and laughing is a good thing!

Laura Mc Donald, Level 2
Enthusiast
August 23, 2014

lol :) How much time do you have?(Don't worry, I won't write a novel here). Suffice it to say I am a part-time caretaker of a disabled family member as well as a parent with cancer and a whole wagon-train of other medical issues. My few outlets for stress have been more creative minded - I do a lot of counted cross stitching and some knitting/crocheting, which helps but that doesn't get me off my duff either. I did pick up a cheap hula hoop at the store the other day and started trying to use it (haven't in oh 30 + years) and looked like a total idiot but it got me laughing so that's a good thing :) Sleep is minimal for me (not good) so the more physically active I can be, the more it will be a win-win situation overall.

Deborah Holstein, Level 14
Enthusiast
August 14, 2014

Being a full time working mom is pretty stressful. I can easily get wrapped up in all of my responsibilities and deadlines during the day so I make sure to start each morning with a home workout before anyone else is awake. No matter how tired I am, I gain more energy from even just 20 minutes of working out than that extra bit of sleep so I know it's worth it. Exercise and meditation are my best stress-busters.

Post A Reply

Please sign in to leave a comment.