1 lb crimini mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic
12 slices Black Forest ham or Prosciutto
12 organic eggs
½ cup of pesto (recipe to follow)
1 cup of crumbled goat cheese
A little fresh tarragon for garnish
olive oil spray
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
2. Saute the mushrooms and garlic in some olive oil and let cool. Toss with fresh tarragon and set aside. Spray a muffin tin with olive oil spray or non-stick cooking spray.
3. Line non-stick muffin tin holes with ham slices-let them fold over each other all pretty like a flower. Just so long as there are no holes. Now, line the bottoms with some crumbled goat cheese and then crimini mushroom mixture.
4. Then, carefully crack the eggs into the cups. Add a layer of pesto sauce in a pretty decorative way. Spray the tops with a little olive oil to keep them from drying out and pop in the oven.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the whites are set and soft yolks form
Makes 1 cup
1 cup pine nuts, toasted
2 bunches of basil
1 clove of garlic
½ cup of Olive Oil
1. Combine pine nuts, garlic and basil in a food processor and whiz until chopped. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until combined.