4 chicken marylands, skinned, boned, cut in chunks
¼ cup mirin
1 tbsp soy sauce
¼ dry sake
1 tbsp packed dark brown sugar
6 large spring onions, in batons
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp ginger, grated
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, mirin, sake, soy, sugar, lime zest, ginger and garlic.
2. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. Fill skewers by alternating between chicken pieces and batons of spring onion.
4. Cook on a hot, well-oiled barbecue, turning every minute or so for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Squeeze fresh lime juice over cooked skewers and serve with freshly chopped coriander leaves.