Cook Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
½ an aubergine
1 red onion, peeled
1 red pepper, deseeded
1 yellow pepper, deseeded
4 plum tomatoes
glug of olive oil
a few basil leaves
a handful of pitted black olives, drained
1 tbsp of capers
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
squeeze of lemon juice
2 chicken breasts
wedge of parmesan, grated
1. Preheat oven to 392F (200°C).
2. Dice the aubergine, courgettes, red onion, peppers and plum tomatoes into rough chunks. Toss the chopped veg together in a large roasting tray with plenty of salt and pepper and a glug of olive oil. Start to roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Blitz the olives, capers, garlic and lemon juice in a small blender until it forms a paste. Slice the chicken in half lengthways just to the edge and open up like the pages of a book.
4. Fill the middle of the breast with half of the tapenade mix and fold the chicken back over. Grate the Parmesan over the breasts.
5. Remove the roasted veg from the oven, lay the chicken breasts on top, then return to bake for another 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and the veg completely roasted.
6. Serve the entire tray bake onto the table with same tear and share bread on the side.