A whole chicken, cut up (or bought cut up - 4-5 lb chicken)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground pepper
1& 1/2 tsp salt
Spice mixes, poultry rubs, lemon pepper - all option and nice additions if you have it.
1 & 1/2 lbs potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks (I used Idaho gold, but your favorite will be fine)
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut your potatoes into chunks with the skin on and place them in the bowl with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Line some foil on a baking sheet and pour the potatoes on to them.
2. Rub chicken with generous amount of olive oil, pepper and salt (and seasoning rubs if you so desire.) Place the chicken on top of the potatoes on the baking sheet.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. This gives the salt a bit of time to season the meat. *This is an extra step not shown in the video to give more flavor.
4. Remove chicken from fridge about 20 minutes before you want to roast it.
5. Preheat oven to 500°F and place the chicken on a roasting pan and add chicken pieces covering the surface of the potatoes, skin side up.
6. Roast for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes and then take the chicken out from oven.
7. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and then your ready to serve.