6 chicken thighs
2 tbsp olive oil, for the bottom of the roasting pan
1 tbsp olive oil, to drizzle on the chicken
1 1/2 onions, sliced
1 cup (200g) dried apricots, cut in halves and quarters
3 whole garlic cloves
1 lemon, sliced
juice of 1 lemon
1/8 tsp chili flakes
2 tbsp chicken stock
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Drizzle the olive oil in the bottom of a roasting pan. Cover the oil with a layer of the onion slices, and then a layer of the dried apricots. Place the chicken on top of the apricots, skin-side up, and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Add the garlic cloves to the roasting pan. Place the lemon slices on and around the chicken. Squeeze the juice of the second lemon on top and season with a pinch of the chili flakes.
4. Place the chicken in the oven to bake at 220°C (425°F) degrees. After 25 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and pour the chicken stock over it. Next, use a spoon to baste the chicken with the juice that has collected at the bottom of the pan. Return the chicken to the oven to bake for 15 more minutes.
5. For the couscous, bring the chicken stock to a boil on the stove.
6. In a bowl, add the dry couscous and a pinch of salt. Pour the boiling chicken stock over the couscous. To trap the steam inside, cover the bowl with a towel and secure it with a plate. The couscous will be fully cooked in 4-5 minutes.
7. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes.
8. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Add the chopped parsley and toasted pine nuts and mix them into the couscous. Reserve some pine nuts and parsley as a garnish for the chicken.
9. To serve, place the couscous on a plate. Place the chicken on the plate and drizzle it with juice from the roasting pan. Garnish with pine nuts and parsley.