Cook Time: 5 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 25 minutes
Make Sure You Have: a large pot and a steamer inside, food processor and shredder attachment.
2 large orange sweet potatoes cut into 2-3 inch long and ½ inch thick
1 red bell pepper
1/2 fresh ginger root
1 fresh turmeric root
2 cups of macadamia nuts
Bunch of sunflower sprouts
Pinch of Himalayan sea salt *you can use regular sea salt
1. Take your 2 large orange sweet potatoes and cut them into 2-3 inch long and ½ inch thick slices. Place them in the pot with the steamer and steam them for 7 minutes or until they are soft.
2. Take your collard greens and cut the side leaves off of them and you can keep the stem for other dish as they are very nutritious. These collard greens are going to be steamed and used as the wrap.
3. Check on your potatoes and when they are ready take them out of the pot and set them aside. While the pot and the steamer is still hot add in the collard greens to steam them. Let them steam for 30 seconds. You don’t want to steam them too much just enough to make them easier to use.
4. Now cut red bell peppers into strips removing the seeds. You can substitute the bell pepper with cucumbers, jicama, etc. Cut the jicama into strips and set them aside. And then cut and scoop out the avocado. Mince ½ of a whole ginger root and also mince 1 whole turmeric root.
5. Take 2 cups of macadamia nuts and blitz them in a processor. Take your beets and shave off the hair and cut them up into chunks that can fit into the food processor. Cut your carrots into chunks and shred them in the food processor with the beets.
6. Now that you have all the ingredients prepared, take your collard green wrap and place beets, carrots, sunflower sprouts, couple pieces of the sweet potatoes, spread the macadamia nuts, bell pepper, jicama, avocado, and spread some Himalayan sea salt, finger full of turmeric and a bigger finger full of ginger.
7. Now using your fingers roll the wrap and set them on the open side down. Repeat this process until you have as many wraps as you want.