1 ½ cups already-cooked chicken meat (or rotisserie chicken carcass)
6 cups water
2 cups peeled and chunked sweet potato
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
1 cup broccoli florets
1 small onion, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Kosher salt to taste (probably 1 teaspoon or so)
Half-package of raw spaghetti noodles
1 large handful baby spinach leaves
Parmesan and Asiago cheese, grated
1. If you're going to use a chicken carcass, cook it on low overnight in the water. In the morning, unplug the crock and let it cool before digging in with CLEAN hands to pick out the bones. Strain through a colander (retaining liquid!) if desired.
2. Or, start with a slow cooker with 6 cups of water, and add chicken.
3. Add all vegetables except for the spinach leaves. Stir in the bouillon and vinegar. Salt to taste.
4. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until sweet potatoes are tender and the onion is translucent.
5. 15 minutes before serving, put in raw spaghetti noodles and a large handful of spinach. Cover and flip to high.
6. Garnish with Parmesan and Asiago cheeses, if desired.