1. Poach the chicken in boiling water until cooked. Remove the chicken from the water and put to once side, and then bring the stock back to the boil and add the cubes of chicken stock and allow them to dissolve. Add the rock sugar, ginger, bamboo, and fish sauce. Place the lid on the pot and allow the broth to simmer.
2. With your hands, tear the poached chicken into small pieces. Place the chicken into a salad bowl and set aside.
3. To pickle the onions, chop them up and place them in a small bowl. Add the pepper, sugar, and cider vinegar. Mix the ingredients with your hands and set aside.
4. With scissors, cut the cilantro and Vietnamese coriander over the chicken. Place the pickled red onions and julienned Kohlrabi on top. Mix the salad ingredients with your hands.
5. For the dipping sauce, chop the chili, garlic, and ginger, and place them in a small bowl. Add the cider vinegar, sugar, and fish sauce. Stir and set aside.
6. Stir the broth and add the glass noodles. Once the noodles are placed in the broth, they are ready to come out! Ladle the cooked glass noodles into serving bowls, but do not fill the bowls with broth yet. Bring the broth on the stove back to a boil.
7. Ladle the hot broth over the noodles. Garnish the soup with fresh bean sprouts.
8. Dip a bite of salad into the dipping sauce and eat it with the hot noodles for a contrast of temperatures, textures, and flavors.