Return to the program page of Mediterranean Eating: The Anti-Inflammatory Diet
Download the program guidebook for a printable ingredient list and recipe steps!
• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 cups of water
• 6 teaspoons of olive tapenade
• 1 ½ cups of cherry tomatoes
• ½ cup fresh basil
• 4-5 white fish fillets, skin off and deboned. cod, sole or tilapia all work well. salmon is also great
• Heat a large shallow pan on a high heat.
• Stir together the quinoa, 2 big teaspoons of olive tapenade, and water in the pan.
• Cook the quinoa according to the package
• Cut your cherry tomatoes in half and place them in a bowl. Drizzle them with 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and red wine vinegar and season with a little salt and pepper.
• Tear your basil leaves into pieces or chop it up.
• Cut the fish into equal-sized pieces and make sure no bones remain. place the pieces into the pan, pushing them into the quinoa.
• Spread the tomato mixture over top and place the lid on the pan. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook that down for about 10-15 minutes until the liquid has evaporated.
• Once it’s done, remove it from the heat and add the rest of your olive tapenade over the fish and sprinkle with your fresh basil leaves.