Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 20 minutes
10½ oz. (300 grams) Cod Fillets
10 stalks of chinese celery
3 garlic cloves
6 spring onions
½ tbsp salt
½ tbsp crushed black pepper
4 tbsp fish sauce
2 large tomatoes, quartered
1 sliced chilli
2 whole limes
Dipping fish sauce
1 cup jasmine rice
1.Cut the cod fillets into 6 even inch thick chunks. Break open three garlic cloves on a chopping board with the flat of your knife, separate the bulbs from the stems of the spring onions and break both parts under the flat of your knife. Separate the leaves from the stems of the Chinese celery.
2. Bring 4 cups of water to the boil in a saucepan and add the garlic, spring onion bulbs, Chinese celery stalks, salt, pepper and fish sauce and stir. Leave to come up to the boil.
3. Insert the tomatoes and wait for them to soften. Add one sliced chilli and gently place your cod fillets in the pan allowing them to sink to the bottom. Reduce the heat down to a simmer for 5 minutes, skimming the impurities from top of the soup whilst you wait.
4. Add the leaves of the spring onions and Chinese celery.
5. Taste and season again if appropriate. Add a squeeze of lime to taste.
6. Serve alongside steamed jasmine rice and dipping fish sauce.