8 large king prawns, heads removed, shells pealed, and vein removed
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp red shallots
4 cups water spinach, trimmed, broken up, and the bottom of the stems removed
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Marinate the prawns in 1 tsp of sugar, 2 tsp of fish sauce, and the red shallots, and allow the flavors to develop for about 5 minutes.
2. To a hot wok add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and sear the prawns quickly on both sides, and then remove them and put them to one side.
3. Add the garlic to the wok and fry it until the garlic just begin to start to turn brown but not burn, and then add the spinach and wilt. Take care to not over cook the spinach to the point where they have not bite left.
4. Just before the spinach has fully wilted, mix together 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of fish sauce, and 1 tbsp of sugar, and add it to the spinach.
5. Finally, add the prawns back into the wok to reheat and finish cooking them, and then serve immediately.