1 mackerel (1¼ pound or about 600 grams), salt, vegetable oil, flour.
1. Remove the guts from the fish -- watch the video to see how.
2. Rinse the fish in cold water and drain.
3. Cut it in half crosswise.
4. Sprinkle 1½ tbs salt evenly on both sides of each piece of fish.
*tip: The amount of salt depends on your taste
5. Keep it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
Now you can either pan-fry or grill.
Total cooking time: 10-12 minutes
1. Coat both sides of fish with flour.
2. Heat up the pan and add 2 tbs vegetable oil.
3. Cook the fish for 3 minutes over medium high heat, until golden brown.
4. Turn it over with a spatula and cook for 7 minutes over low heat.
5. Turn it over and cook for 1-2 more minutes before transferring it to a plate.
6. Serve with rice.
Total cooking time: 17 minutes
1. Preheat the oven and set it broil.
2. Rub some vegetable oil on both sides of the fish.
3. Broil on the bottom rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes.
4. Turn it over and cook 4-5 more minutes, until golden brown.
5. Serve with rice.