8-10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 tsp ground coriander
1.5 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder (mild)
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
Less then 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground tumeric
2 tsp fresh ginger
2 cloves fresh garlic
1 green serrano chili
juice of 1 small lemon
3/4 tsp sugar
3 tbsp olive oil for searing
1. Place your chicken thighs in a large mixing bowl. Add in 2 tsp of ground coriander, 1tsp of chili powder, 1 & ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp dry mustard powder, ½ tsp ground turmeric, 1 and ½ tsp of salt, and ¾ tsp of sugar.
2. Squeeze 1 whole small lemon into the large bowl with the chicken and spices. Press 2 gloves of fresh garlic or mince it into the mixture. Add in 2 tsp of minced fresh ginger and 1 green Serrano chili.
3. Mix them together and make sure to get a good coat on all of the chicken. Let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours or even a whole night if you want more flavor.
4. Heat up a pan to medium-high and use 3 tbsp of olive oil and sear the chicken. Cook until they are golden brown on both sides and test if they are cooked by cutting one and making sure there is no pink in the meat.
5. Place them on a plate and you are ready to serve! Serve with basmati rice on the side and Indian sambals like mango pickle or brinjal chutney.