Cook Time: 2 hours
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 2h 10m
Sticky BBQ ribs:
1 clove of garlic
1 inch of root ginger
sprig of thyme
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
juice of half an orange
2 tbsp soy sauce
big handful (100g) of brown sugar
1 tsp smoked paprika
rack (400g) of pork ribs
1. Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C). Peel and slice the onion, ginger and garlic. Fry in a small saucepan for 3-4 minutes until softened and sweet. Squeeze in the tomato ketchup along with all other marinade ingredients and bring to the boil.
2. Lay the rack of ribs into an oven-proof tray and pour the marinade over. Rub the marinade all over the ribs making sure every last bit gets covered. Wrap tin foil tightly over the top of the tray to seal the ribs in and braise in the oven for 2 hours in total.
melt the butter in a pan.
3. Spoon in all the spices and salt and squeeze in the lime juice. Score the drumsticks (if using with a sharp knife and put them into a big bowl)
pour the marinade over the raw chicken and move it all about so everything is covered.
4. Place the chicken pieces onto a baking tray, baste over the extra marinade and cook in the oven uncovered for half an hour alongside the ribs for the last half hour of their 2 hour cooking. Turn the oven up to 428°F (220°C) and remove the foil from the ribs to cook for another 10 minutes.
remove the ribs carefully from the tray onto a chopping board.
5. Slice just to the side of each rib… the meat should be almost falling apart. Stack these onto a board with the wings and tuck in... make sure you have plenty of paper napkins to hand!