Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 25 minutes
1/2 Cup Water
1 cup of Quinoa
1 tsp Salt
Maple syrup for serving
1. Place the quinoa in a large bowl and cover with 4 cups of water. Let the quinoa soak overnight or all day, for at least 8 hours.
2. Take out the quinoa to drain and rinse. Stir in the salt and place 1 cup of the soaked quinoa into a blender or Vitamix.
3. Add 1/2 cup fresh water and 1 tsp of salt and grind. The consistency should look and feel just like pancake batter, not too thick and not too thin.
4. If the quinoa is too liquid, add an additional 2 tablespoons of quinoa and grind again until the consistency is right.
5. If the quinoa is too dry, add 2 tablespoons of water at a time until the consistency is like a smooth pancake batter. Melt the coconut oil over medium heat in a large, wide skillet.
6. In a pan add coconut oil. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet. Cook for about 1 & 1/2 minutes, or until the batter bubbles a little in the center and the edges turn a golden brown. Turn the pancake over and cook for another minute, or until the color is golden brown on the second side.
7. Serve with maple syrup and Vitamineral Green!