1. Add the oats and the cup of milk together in a pan and cook on a medium to high heat stirring constantly.
2. When the mixture starts to thicken, add the flaxseed and the cinnamon.
3. Once your porridge has reached the desired consistency, pour into a bowl and top with the almond butter and a drizzle of honey.
Try out some of Julie's other fantastic breakfast ideas below!
Chia Coconut Pancakes
Servings: 12 sliver dollar pancakes
6 Tbsp chia combined with 18 Tbsp water (let sit and expand for at least 20 minutes)
⅓ cup coconut oil
⅔ cup coconut milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup coconut palm sugar
½ cup coconut flour
1½ tsp. baking powder
1. Mix the chia seed mixture, coconut oil, coconut milk, vanilla and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
2. Add coconut flour and baking powder. Mix again until lumps are incorporated.
3. Scoop about a ¼ cup of the mixture onto your hot pan to make 12 silver dollar pancakes. YUM!
Coconut Breakfast Bowls
1. All you have to do is combine all of the ingredients together in a food processor and blend together! No mess, no fuss then you can serve in a bowl and enjoy!
For these and more great recipes check out Julie's blog - www.theflexifoodie.wordpress.com