For the Marinade:
1 tsp White pepper
1 tbsp Curry Powder
1 tbsp Cumin
1 cup Vegetable oil
1 head Cauliflower, cut into florets
For the Spice Salt:
1/2 cup Kosher salt
½ tbsp Szechuan peppercorn, toasted & crushed
1/4 tsp 5 spice powder
2 tbsp chopped Scallions
1. Start off by making the marinade for the cauliflower. In a bowl add in 1 teaspoon of white pepper, 1 tablespoon of cumin, and 1 tablespoon of curry powder. Add in 1 cup of vegetable oil and mix it together. Let the marinade sit for awhile.
2. Now take the Cauliflower and clean it up by cutting the bottom leaves and cut straight down and this should release all of the florets. Cut the florets into halves and place them in a bowl.
3. Take the marinade and stir it up really well and drizzle it on the cauliflower. Using a spoon toss cauliflower and marinade or toss the whole bowl. Let the cauliflower sit.
4. Now, prepare the spice salt by getting 1/2 cup of kosher salt. Add in 1/2 tablespoon of Szechuan peppercorn and 1/4 teaspoon of 5 spice powder.
5. Now in a hot pan add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. Add in 1/2 of the marinated cauliflower. Add 1/2 cup of water, not too much. Close with a lid and stir it every 3-4 minutes.
6. Look for it to be golden with good color. Once it has good color add in the spice salt to season it. Add in 2 tablespoon of chopped scallions to finish off. Mix it up and plate it in a bowl or plate.