2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp broken cashew pieces
1 tbsp golden raisins
1 bay leaf
1 inch piece cinnamon stick
3 green cardamom
7 whole cloves
1/4 tsp white (or black) peppercorns
1/4 cup broken cashews
2 medium onions, finely chopped
Salt to taste
2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
green chilie to taste, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
Red chili powder, to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
5 oz can evaporated milk
1/2 cup yogurt, well beaten
Approx 7 oz Paneer, cubed
1 large tomato, cubed
2 (approx 1 cup) carrots, cubed
2 cups cauliflower, cut to bite size florets
2 medium potatoes, cubed
1 cup frozen green peas
1 cup green beans, cut to 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup cilantro Leaves, finely chopped
Approx 2 cups Water
1. Heat Oil in a medium non-stick pan on medium heat. Fry Cashews (2 Tbsp) and Raisins until golden brown. Remove onto a plate draining as much Oil as possible back into the pan.
2. In the same Oil, add Bay Leaf, Cinnamon Stick, Green Cardamom, Whole Cloves and Peppercorns. Roast for few seconds. Add 1/4 cup Cashew pieces and roast until golden.
3. Add Onions, Turmeric Powder and a little Salt. Mix, cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring in between. While Onions are cooking…
Add Cauliflower, Green Peas, Carrots, a little Salt, 1/2 cup water in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes, stir and an additional 2 minutes. Remove veggies and water into a separate bowl.
4. Add Ginger, Green Chilies and Garlic to the Onions and cook for 2-3 additional minutes or until golden brown. Turn off stove and allow mixture to cool. In the same microwave safe bowl as above, add Potatoes and a little salt and mix well. Add 1/4 cup water, cover and microwave for 3 minutes, stir and an additional 2 minutes. Remove potatoes and water and add to the other cooked veggies.
5. In the same microwave safe bowl, add Green Beans and a little salt and mix. Add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook for 3 minutes, stir and an additional 2 minutes. Grind cooled Onion mixture into a fine paste with approx 1/4 cup water (or more if necessary). Return onion paste back to pan and cook until the Oil separates. Stir continuously.
6. Add in Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder and Red Chili Powder. Add 1/4 cup water to help the dry spices mix well. Add cubed Paneer and mix. Add Tomatoes, stir and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add Evaporated Milk and mix.
7. Reduce heat to low and add beaten yogurt slowly while mixing. Allow mixture to come to a boil. Add cooked vegetables with the water from cooking. Mix well. Add additional water to get to your desired consistency. Cook for 5 minutes. Add in Cilantro and mix well. Garnish with roasted cashews and raisins from before. Serve hot with chapati, naan, or rice.