Sign Up|Sign In
oil, peanut or corn
1 red onion, sliced
200 g okra
1/2 tsp green chilli, chopped and deseeded
1 tsp dried mango powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garam masala
1. Begin by preparing your bhindi or okra. To do this, cut the top of, then cut into about 6 chunks.
2. Heat some oil in a wok, once the oil starts to smoke, add your onions. Mix these around until they are nicely caramelised.
3. Add your okra followed by your mango powder, your chilli, turmeric and salt. Stir constantly as it cooks.
4. If slime starts coming out of the okra, just keep on cooking and it will dry out. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Once the okra is cooked and the slime has gone, add the garam masala and mix well.