Makes: 2½ dozen cookies
½ cup (125 ml) unsalted butter at room temperature
½ cup (125 ml) packed light brown sugar
¼ cup (60 ml) sugar
1 large egg at room temperature
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
1¼ cups (310 ml) all-purpose flour
2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
½ tsp (2 ml) baking soda
½ tsp (2 ml) salt
1 cup (250 ml) chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper or lightly grease.
2. Cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar together until fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg and then the vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, stir the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
5. Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir until evenly blended and then stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Drop the cookies by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking trays leaving 1½ inches (4 cm) between them.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the tray for 5 minutes, and then transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.