3 tbsps thick yogurt (Greek yogurt if available)
1/2 tsp of ginger and garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin power
1/2 tsp coriander power
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 lemon, juice
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp homemade sun-dried tomato paste, made by blending sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor (can be substituted for sun-dried tomato pesto)
Sea salt to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp cumin seed
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1 cup (200g) boiled rice
4 tbsp, black olive chopped
2 tbsp thick yogurt (Greek yogurt if available)
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Sea salt to taste
Make Sure You Have: A griddle pan or hotplate or a large frying pan
Sun dried tomato chicken tikka
1. Rub 1st marinade on both sides of the chicken breasts and leave for 15 minutes.
2. Mix together all the ingredients for the 2nd marinade and rub onto the chicken breasts. Leave to marinate for at least 6 hours or maximum 24 hours.
3. To cook, heat a little olive oil in a griddle pan or hotplate and cook the chicken on each side on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. A little marinade can be added to the pan to enhance the flavor and keep the chicken moist.
4. For the dried tomato garnish; pass a fresh tomato through a mandolin or slice very finely, then place into a hot oven with the door ajar. The tomatoes will become dry and crisp.
1. In a pan heat the olive oil and add the unsalted butter. As the butter melts add the cumin seed, the seeds will begin to sizzle and flavor the oil. Add the chopped garlic and ginger, sauté for a minute and add the chopped black olives.
2. Toss the olives in the oil and add the rice and the yogurt. Gently fold the rice ensuring the rice grains don't break, distributing the ingredients evenly.
3. Sprinkle sea salt and remove the pan from the heat.
4. Add chopped coriander and gently fold into the rice.