2 cups hot water 190°F
2 tsp granulated sugar
1 tsp yeast
4 cups all purpose flour
5 tbsp olive oil
Healthy pinch of salt
Toppings (vary amounts based on your preferences):
1/8 cup chiffonade basil
1/2 carmelized red onion
1/2 can of sun-dried tomato tapenade (pre-packaged)
1 cup of rendered (cooked and diced) pancetta (Italian bacon)
1/4 wedge of thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
5 thinly sliced brie cheese
1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of crumbled goat cheese
1/2 tbsp Drizzel of balsamic vinegar
Make sure all your topping are prepared before topping them on the pizza dough
1. In a bowl add in 2 cups of hot water (~190°F degrees). Add in sugar and yeast, mix it, and let it sit to let the yeast activate.
2. Add in flour and whisk together. Drizzle some olive oil and add in a healthy pinch of salt.
3. Start to knead the dough and form it into a round ball dough. Once the dough is finished, divide it into 4 pieces. Then roll those four pieces into a ball. Set the dough aside and let it rise.
4. Prepare your toppings, including chopping the basil, caramelizing the onions, rendering the pancetta, and thinly slicing your Granny Smith apples.
5. Take your dough and either roll it out or if you feel adventurous toss it in the air to form the pizza. Then brush the dough with olive oil and grill it just for 2 minutes on each side. Just to get it a little crispy not cooked all the way.
6. Assemble pizza with whatever toppings you like but for this video Doc uses Brie cheese, Granny Apples, caramelized red onion, and a little salt and pepper.
7. Throw the pizza in the grill for a few minutes. Assemble the 2nd pizza with mozzarella cheese, rendered pancetta and balsamic vinegar.
8. The third pizza uses sun-dried tomato tapenade as the base and adds goat cheese, and finish with basil. Bake the pizzas for 3-5 minutes.
9. Take the pizza out and slice them up and serve!