Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 10
Ready In: 30
3 medium-size, boneless chicken breasts (14 oz)
5 oz bag Texas Toast seasoned croutons, crushed to fine crumbs
1 egg, beaten
½ cup all-purpose flour
Peanut oil, for frying
salt and pepper
1. Cut chicken breasts into nugget-size pieces.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip a chicken piece into the flour and shake of the excess. Then dip into the egg and shake off the excess.
3.Lay the chicken piece in the crushed crouton mixture and use your other hand to coat the chicken on both sides. .Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with greased foil (if baking) or place on a plate if frying. Repeat with all of the chicken pieces.
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Bake for 5-6 minutes on one side. Flip and bake for 1-2 minutes on the other side. (baking times will vary)
1. Heat peanut oil on a skillet. (see notes below)
2. Add nuggets to oil and do not crowd. When first side is golden, flip and cook other side until golden brown.
3. Place on paper towel to drain.
Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.
To make the honey mustard dipping sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in a medium size bowl. Serve warm or cold. Flavors will intensify as it sits. Makes a lot so store leftovers in the fridge.