Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 15
Ready In: 25
1 lb chicken thighs
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cilantro
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ t. black pepper
Pinch of cumin (optional)
1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
8-10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
Mexican cheese blend
Smoked Cheddar. finely shredded
Smoked Gouda, finely shredded
guacamole, salsa, sour cream (optional)
1. Mix the seasonings together.
2. Season chicken thighs generously with the seasoning (you may not need all of it). Heat a buttered skillet over medium heat. Cook thighs about 6-8 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
3.Drain on a plate lined with paper towels and let cool and cut or shred the chicken into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Toss in the diced tomatoes.
4. Add butter to a grill pan over medium heat and place a tortilla in the center. On one side of the tortilla, add an even layer of mexican cheese blend, followed by a layer of chicken mixture and then a layer of smoked cheddar and smoked gouda.
5. Fold the other half of the tortilla over to cover the cheese and chicken. Press down on the quesadilla with a spatula.
6. Let cook until cheese has melted. Reduce heat if needed.
7.Serve hot with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.