Return to the program page of Mediterranean Eating: The Anti-Inflammatory Diet
Download the program guidebook for a printable ingredient list and recipe steps!
• 8 ounces whole grain spaghetti
• 1 clove of garlic
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• juice from half a lemon
• ⅓ cup kalamata olives
• ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
• 10-ounce can or jar of artichoke hearts
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
• Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
• Once boiling, add that spaghetti to the pot and cook according to the box - it's usually about 10-12 minutes.
• While the spaghetti is cooking, chop the kalamata olives
• Quarter your artichoke hearts
• Chop that parsley...and finely chop your garlic
• Make the flavored oil - Add your garlic and olive oil to a small pan on medium-low heat. Cook it for about 5 minutes until the garlic looks golden brown.
• Turn the heat off and scoop the garlic out with a spoon
• Drain your spaghetti once it’s done cooking and put it back in the pot.
• Add everything, except the feta cheese, to the pot and toss it all to combine. don’t forget that flavored oil!
• Add about 3/4 of the feta and toss again gently. you can reserve the rest of the feta cheese for serving at the table