Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
1 lb of fettuccine pasta
5 cups of water
1 tbsp salt.
1. In a large pot add water, salt, and pasta. Once it reaches the desired level of doneness, retain a jug of the water, and drain off the rest.
1. Place the bread, 5 anchovy fillets, 2 tbsp of the anchovy oil, the chili powder, and the garlic into a food processor and blend. Make sure to occasionally stir the ingredients around in the blender so they all become evenly ground.
2. Once the bread is ground to the size of breadcrumbs, pour the mixture into a frying pan and toast over a medium heat until the breadcrumbs become golden brown. Make sure that the breadcrumbs do not burn.
3. Place the cooked pasta directly into the frying pan, and add the grated parmesan. Add 2 tbsp of the water used to boil the pasta to emulsify the sauce, mix thoroughly, and serve immediately.
Watercress and Thyme Pesto
1. Place the watercress, the thyme, the olive oil, and the almonds into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add ½ cup of the pecorino, and blend again. Taste the pesto for seasoning, and adjust as necessary.
3. Place the pasta and the pesto into a frying pan, with 2 tbsp of the water used to boil the pasta, to emulsify the sauce. Add the rest of the pecorino, mix thoroughly, and serve.
Chicory, Walnuts and Goats Cheese
1. Place the walnuts into a large pan and allow them to toast briefly.
2. Add the chicory to the pan, and fry briefly, until the chicory becomes lightly coloured. Add the rosemary, and a dash of the water used to boil the pasta, and mix thoroughly.
3. Add the pasta and the goats cheese to the pan, mix thoroughly, and serve.