Salt to taste
1 & 1/2 to 2 cups Cannellini beans
Few leaves of basil
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 slice of Prosciutto
1 cup cherry tomatoes
Salt & Pepper
Few leaves of purple basil
Few leaves of basil
Few springs of fennel top
Few leaves of mint
1 clove of garlic
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Optional ricotta cheese
Directions for egg top:
1. Take your baguette and slice them 1/2 inch thick. Coat the slices lightly with olive oil, season with pinch of salt and place them on the baking sheet tray. Turn your boiler on high and toast under the boiler for a couple minutes. Set these toasted slices aside.
2. Take your hard boiled egg and crush it up, adding in salt and pepper to your taste. Drizzle some olive oil and smash them together. Adding lemon zest here is optional. Set the egg aside. Take your anchovies, squeeze some lemon juice on top and then chop up a few leaves of purple basil and place on top. Take a few strands of chives, chop them up finely and add to anchovies.
Directions for goat cheese:
1. Take a log of goat cheese and cut into coins. Place coins on a plate and drizzle olive oil generously on top. Season with salt to taste and Serrano pepper sliced very thinly. Add in a clove of garlic chopped finely and some chopped spring onion to place on top. Adding a small amount of fennel flowers here is optional.
2. Place more goat cheese on top and add more salt, pepper and drizzle of olive oil.
Directions for beans:
1. Take your cannellini beans that were cooked in salt water, with the salt being placed in last. In a bowl, crush the beans and add olive oil, few leaves of chopped basil, salt, and pepper.
For cherry tomatoes:
1. Cut your tomatoes in half by using Chef Staffan's amazing trick of using two plastic lids, placing the tomatoes in the middle, and cutting through the gap.
2. Take your herbs of purple basil, regular basil, fennel top, and mint, chop them up and place them in the bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Using the microplane finely grate garlic and place it in the bowl.
3. Add extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper and you're done!
1. For the egg crostini, place the egg topping on top of baguette slices and spread evenly, then add anchovies and top with fennel greens.
2. For the bean crostini, top each slice of baguette with bean mixture spread evenly and top with slice of prosciutto.
3. For the goat cheese crostini, place the goat cheese medallions on tip of the sliced baguette.
4. For the tomato crostini, place a layer of prepared tomatoes on top of baguette slices. Adding ricotta cheese here is optional.
5. Finish all the crostini with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil or herbs and you're ready to serve!
Check out the other videos in the Italian Summer Dinner Party menu:
Main Course: https://grokker.com/cooking/video/tuscan-roasted-pork-loin-arista/52004f9afc3b9efd110b374c