Homemade Ranch Dressing:
1 clove garlic
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup 2% plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3 tbsp finely sliced chives
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1/4 tsp crumbled dry thyme
Fresh ground pepper taste
1. Chop garlic clove finely. Cover it with the kosher salt and mash together with the side of your knife a few times to form a coarse paste. Place in medium bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix. If necessary, you can use more buttermilk to thin dressing to desired consistency.
BBQ chopped chicken salad with homemade buttermilk:
1. Heat grill to medium high. Coat corn with olive oil and kosher salt & pepper. Grill until lightly charred on all 4 sides -- about 2 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
2. Coat chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt & pepper. Grill 4 minutes on first side. Flip and generously coat cooked side with BBQ sauce. Grill 3 minutes.
3. Flip chicken again and coat second cooked side BBQ sauce. Cook one minute. Flip one more time basting with more sauce and cook another minute. Remove from heat, baste again with sauce and loosely cover with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes. Dice chicken.
4. Cut corn from cob and toss together chicken, romaine, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and jicima with homemade buttermilk ranch dressing.