1. Crack 4 eggs into a bowl and separate the yolks from the whites. Place the yolks into another bowl.
2. Whisk the egg yolks until they are completely combined and then slowly whisk in the sugar until it's completely dissolved.
3. Add in half & half, heavy cream, and ground nutmeg until they are combined to the point where you have consistent color and small specs of nutmeg throughout. Pour this mixture into your serving bowl.
4. Whisk egg whites adding sugar periodically until you have a thick consistency and can pull the points off the top.
5. Fold egg whites into egg yolks mixture until you have a consistent color throughout.
6. Chill it, put it in a bottle and store it, or serve it up!
To add alcohol to your eggnog watch https://grokker.com/cooking/video/anogo/52b0f96bef15f8477401f149