1.5 oz añejo tequila (El Tesoro, 7 Leguas, Fortaleza or another añejo that retains strong agave flavor)
4 oz chilled Fresh Eggnog
1. In an Old Fashioned glass, add tequila, top the glass off with ice, fill the glass up with eggnog and stir well.
2. Using a vegetable peeler or a knife cut a swath of orange peel leaving the pith behind.
3. Light a match, and hold the twist over the glass with two fingers, pointing the rind side at the surface of the drink.
4. Place the burning match between the twist and the drink and squeeze the peel, sending the oils through the flame and onto the surface of the drink. Be careful not to burn yourself, but make sure you see the oils ignite as they spray.
5. Drop the twist in the glass and serve.
This can also be served on the rocks, but don’t let it dilute too much or you’ll ruin the rich, creamy texture.