8 jumbo eggs
1½ cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
6 oz (180 ml) rum
6 oz (180 ml) brandy or Cognac
10 oz frothed hot milk; approx. 2 oz for each serving
Freshly grated nutmeg
1. Crack 8 eggs, separating the yolks and whites into different mixing bowls.
2. In the bowl with egg yolks, add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and whisk until completely integrated and smooth. Once smooth add the mixture into your serving bowl.
2. In the bowl with egg whites, add cream of tartar and whisk until it is light and fluffy and form peaks when touched. Fold egg whites into the bowl of egg yolks. Fold them together until the color turns from white to a yellow tint.
3. Take your serving cups and add in hot water to make the cups warm. Once they are warm, dump out the hot water. Ladle 4 oz of the batter into the cup.
4. In a separate measuring cup add 1 part rum and 1 part brandy or cognac and then add 1 oz of that blend into each servings cup. Top off each cup with warm milk, holding off the froth till the end.
5. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and serve!