4 oz dry rice noodles, in advance soak them in water for 30-45 minutes until softened.
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 lime or lemon, juiced
5 tbsp hoisin sauce
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
10 jumbo shrimp
3 large eggs, scrambled
2 tbsp green onion
1/4 cup fresh bean sprouts
2 tbsp peanuts, chopped
1. In a large bowl set your dry noodles in water for about 30 - 45 minutes.
2. In a small bowl add paprika, lemon juice, hoisin sauce, white wine vinegar, fish sauce and stir to mix until combined.
3. In a large pan add in 1 tbsp vegetable oil and scramble the eggs by moving them around. Make sure to cook them until they are on the drier side so that they doesn't stick to the noodles later on. Set aside once done.
3. In the same pan add another 1 tbsp of oil and add shrimp, cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add a handful of pre-soaked noodles, and the sauce mixture, stir until the noodles are evenly coated and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until noodles are tender. Add in a few tbsp of water if the noodles are too firm and cook them a few minutes longer until you achieve the right softness.
4. Add your cooked eggs and bean sprouts, stir to incorporate sauce completely. Plate the noodles and top off with green onions, peanuts, and more bean sprouts.