1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp massaman curry
1 tbsp kaffir lime leaves
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup long green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup onion, finely sliced
4 oz chicken breast cut in cubes
1/2 cup cooked potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 cup coconut cream
1 tsp palm sugar chopped
2 tsp lime juice (substitute lemon juice)
2 tsp fish sauce
1/3 cup sweet basil (optional)
2 tbsp sliced red chilies for garnish
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add in the curry paste; cook and stir to release the flavors. Add the kaffir lime leaves and chicken stock, and stir for approximately 2 minutes.
2. Add the green beans, onions, chicken, and potatoes. Stir the ingredients together and cook for 4-5 minutes. Check to see the chicken is cooked by cutting into a piece and make sure there is no pink inside.
3. Add coconut milk and palm sugar, then stir. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
4. Turn off your stove and add in lime juice and fish sauce for seasoning.
5. Add the basil into the soup as well as on top for garnish.